Sunday, March 19, 2017

My group and I decided that before we create our film we first have to map it out. In order to map it out we have to use a storyboard. A storyboard is a graphic organizer displayed in a sequence of how your film will progress. Before my group and I actually create our storyboard we did some research. I looked at this link to help me prepare my storyboard… since this is exactly what we are going off of when filming. 
In my first article I learned that there are many things that need to be taken into consideration when creating your storyboard.
  • evaluate each shot
  • break down your script ( if you have one)
  • construct each panel how you want the film to flow
  • create a shot list that you plan to use

All these steps are important for many reasons. I also looked up different storyboard to get an idea of how I would create mine in a way I would understand it and be able to use it it’s full use. 
I also looked through a link that displayed a bunch of storyboard from 15 different films. I came across one that really struck my eye. There was a storyboard for the film Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock. Since we were shown an excerpt from the film Psycho I really got to see how the storyboard showed exactly how the film is showed just in drawings. This storyboard helped me picture how I am going to plan out and draw my own storyboard for my film opening.

Bailey, Jason. "Awesome Storyboards from 15 of Your Favorite Films." Flavorwire. Saul Bass, 29 Nov. 2012. Web. 19 Mar. 2017.
Stoller, Bryan Michael. "Storyboarding Your Film." Dummies. Brian Michael Stroller, n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment